- Every day there are an estimated 300-500 girls being sold for sex in Seattle.
- Over 40 million dollars is spent each day on prostitution by American men.
- 300,000 – 500,000 American children are at risk every year of being exploited in the sex industry.
- According to the American Department of Justice the majority of girls in the sex trade enter at age 13 but thousands start as young as 5 years old.
- There are an estimated 30 million sex slaves worldwide.
- Every state in America has a sex slave industry currently operating, not just in the biggest cities but in rural communities as well.
- The majority of boys in sex trafficking are between the ages of 11-17 years old.
No matter what country or what state you live in sex trade is serious, dangerous, outrageous, and present. All sex outside of marriage is wrong and damaging to those involved, but forcing and manipulating girls and boys to sell themselves for sex and sexual play is immensely sinful and disturbing. These young prostitutes are not only degraded by giving their bodies to strangers, but they are often physically and mentally abused and deprived of basic human needs like food and shelter as well. Jesus said whoever causes the little ones to stumble should have never been born and should be thrown into a river with a weight tied around their neck! This was spoken by the Son of God, the Messiah who died for ALL sins, and loves us unconditionally. If He takes it this serious, so must I.
I repent for not being aware of this pandemic and not contributing to an attempt to shut it down; let alone not praying for the victims and their ‘clients.’ Whether the people involved are there by personal choice or by force, whether or not their consciences ache, and whether they are 11 years old or 36… I must love them and act upon real compassion. “God, give me a heart for these. Your love is shed abroad in me.”
Perhaps you will consider donating your time, financial gift, or prayers to the cause of helping these boys and girls involved in the sex industry, especially the sex slave trade. Visit notforsalecampaign.com or forthesakeofone.org for information on how to get involved. If your place of Christian fellowship is not involved approach your leadership and remind them of God’s heart for the broken and abused.
Christmas is for setting aside a season for everyone to celebrate the birth of Christ together. This Christmas let us also remember those in need of Him.
Thank you for your time and consideration and may your heart break for those in pain.
– Cry of Worship Ministries
Psalm 34:18, “The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”
Matt. 18:5-6, “And whoever welcomes one such child in my name, welcomes me. If anyone causes one of these little ones to stumble it would be better for them if a large millstone was hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.”